Subject: [Leica] Hand Tools OT
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:08:57 -0600

Yes a fair bit of Snap-On but also Mac (better 3/8 universal impact
sockets), Craftsman (a nice standard ratchet), Proto, Hazet, Stahlwille,
Facom, and other hand tool manufacturers.

Mechanics have similar beefs to Leica users. Steel prices are high and
manufacturers are using a lower grade of steel to save money. This means
the tools have to be thicker (also to save on warranty returns). I have
some old Snap-On box ends that are about 1/8" thick. They are great for
getting into tight places. These tools are all very expensive but they
ges the job done and can take the day in and day out use that regular
tools cannot. Again, very similar to photographic equipment.

John Collier