Subject: [Leica] Re: Two Enlargers?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:32:04 -0700

The main advantage of having two enlargers in the darkroom is that you can
work on two different negatives, transparencies, a negative and
transparency, whatever combination, simultaneously.

With two enlargers, I can print a test print from one transparency on
enlarger #1, and while it is processing (16 min,) I can set-up and print a
test print of a different transparency on enlarger #2, load the test into
another drum, and when the first test is finished processing, I can load
the second onto the processor and push start. Evaluate the print and then
back to enlarger #1 to work on that transparency while the second is
processing. Repeat for #2, etc...

Other than that... I would pick the best enlarger and in your case below,
the Super Chromega Dichroic II is the obvious choice. It is real easy to
dial-in VC B&W paper contrast filter settings on the color head rather than
screw-up your lens resolution by hanging filters in the lens image path.

MHO,

Jim