Subject: [Leica] Re: FW: regarding the Foveon sensor
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:21:49 -0700

One thing for certain, it is 100% impossible to differentiate between a
2mp, 4mp, 6mp, a 4x5 Velvia scan, whatever, on a web posted photograph.

One needs to have the camera in hand, actually several cameras in hand,
followed by a side by side print (all going through the same exact process)
comparison. And then it would be best to have the cameras deliver "raw"
pixel data (TIFF type raw file) to the outside world in order to eliminate
interpolation shenanigans within the camera. In camera interpolation
shenanigans are what is separating the cameras now.

With their clothes off, their files pretty much look the same.

:)

Jim

ps... The MOST sold digital camera in 2001... a 1.5 MP Hewlett Packard
happy snapper. Is there big money in high end professional film or DIGITAL
cameras? Absolutely not! The BIG market is in rank amateur happy snappers.

Jim again