Subject: Re: [Leica] Flying with fiim
From: "olivier nguyen" <oliviertnguyen@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:55:35 -0400

Hi everyone,
by my personal experience with "fly with film".  I forget a roll of film in
my pocket while get back from Houston TX to Newark, NJ, as soon as i passed
through the gate, the alarm strip.  So save your time and don't bother to do
such a thing.

about film get frosted by Xray machine, if you have film 400ASA and below,
thing will be fine.  I have NPS, Delta 400, TMAX 400 and it just fine.  they
claim that if I have film at 1600asa then it will be a problem otherwise
don't bother.

As I leave Newark airport, I asked for hand check with my film and they do
it for me but xray people does not like me at all since my film isn't
1600ISO.  on the way back from HOUSTON,TX, I put couple rolls of 400 in bag
that go through XRAY and those rolls were OK.

Olivier

>From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
>To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Flying with fiim
>Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:07:51 -0700
>
>Neil mused:
> > through alarm. <<<
>
>Neil,
>Best suggestion.... walk through and find out, then tell us!
>ted
>Ted Grant Photography Limited
>www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant
>

>--