Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: [OT} carbon 14 dating
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:09:53 -0600

Actually they measure the ratio of the carbon 14 to carbon 12. As time
goes by carbon 14 decays into carbon 12 and the ratio of carbon 14 to
carbon 12 changes. The whole process is explained below so I do not have
to blab on endlessly :-)

http://www.howstuffworks.com/carbon-14.htm

John Collier

Replies: Reply from "Doug Lee" <drlee9@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: [OT} carbon 14 dating)