Subject: Re: [Leica] Press board question (OT)
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 20:01:10 -0700

There are several types of  pressed board. I do not remember their specific
names, in fact I seldom use them. Some are made of wood chips, and some of
saw dust (these days very little is wasted in the lumber industry).
They are bonded with glue under high pressure.
Dimensionally, pressed board is very stable when kept dry but is brittle and
can break easily when compared to plywood. The strongest type (used in
construction) is the one made of chips rather than saw dust. An other
weakness is that water will deteriorate all of them very rapidly.
The saw dust types are used extensively in furniture today (Sam Maloof does
not).

Joe Codispoti

From: "Javier Perez" <summarex@yahoo.com>