Subject: [Leica] Question - Has the LUG become an Adult's Only List???
From: "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 12:26:01 -0700

Once upon a time, before it became a dark and stormy night,
the LUG was a forum where you could have one's children look
without too much fear that they would pick-up the idea that
crudity, sexual jokes, racial jokes,  and that the rejection
of "Political Correctness" was a positive virtue.  The LUG
talked about cameras, how to put together a Viso
system...and photography.

(there were a few lapses that included the photosphoped
picture of President Clinton that was (errr) not
flattering...but the ability to post pictures as attachmens
on the LUG seems to have been curtailed).

We seem to have a new generation of people, apparently
trained on alt.usenet, that think that think their ideas of
postive virtues are acceptable on a forum dedicated to
rangefinder cameras, Leica, and with a few disussions of
Leica SLRs.

So my question is, should I from now on assume that the LUG
has evolved to a new freakish standard, or should I continue
to allow children to read the LUG???

I have no problem with an adults-only forum.  I would choose
not to participate...but that is my personal prediliction.

Regards, Bill Larsen, Terra Bella, CA

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Question - Has the LUG become an Adult's Only List???)
Reply from "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com> ([Leica] Question - Has the LUG become an Adult's Only List???)
Reply from Ken Wilcox <klw.51@comcast.net> ([Leica] Re: Question - Has the LUG become an Adult's Only List???)