Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 15 - Rob Mellor
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:46:52 +1000

>My PAW 15 is up an help appreciated.
>
>http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation.tcl?presentation_id=145184

Well Rob, I'm not an expert, but for me you are too far away. The
crowed cars do not say deserted and derelict to me, they suggest the
building is humming. The foreground does not add anything to the
image and the photograph becomes a record of the building rather than
a story, and there is no way of saying Manchester without the title.

Not all of this is fixable. This is a fine record of a building which
may have some local meaning etc, but means nothing to me. It needs
more human interest to stand alone as a photograph, not just be part
of a picture story or record book

Cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin