Subject: RE: [Leica] Ansel Adams on PBS TV
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 07:20:07 +1000

>I was truly impressed and inspired by the AA show, but I too feel his photos
>are somewhat clinical. I have always felt there was something unnatural
>there. Maybe if I someday go to Yosemite, I'll change my opinion.
>
>M.G.

My brief journey to Yosemite, and the realization of how small it is,
and how large so many of AA images seemed, brought me a better
understanding of the artist, apart from the technician. His attention
to detail was clearly beyond obsessive, but there is an art in his
work -- as demonstrated by the fact that I can't do it ;-)
- --
Alastair Firkin

http://www.afirkin.com

http://www.familyofman2.com