Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo Opportunity
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 06:40:18 -0700

Karina Klaas wrote:
>I was not the "official" photographer as such but the only one there and
was able
> to put my M6 into action at close range - what a thrill, what a thrill.
> Nobody even  noticed I was taking photographs...I continually make
reference
> to this because I have come from an F5, with SK-6 flash bracket etc which
> send out the signals of a professional photographer and was far to
> cumbersome to carry.<<<

Hi Karina,
Nice to hear of the M6 revelation using an unobtrusive camera. :-) Two
things happen, you quietly do your thing capturing moments you otherwise
wouldn't, and doing it without triggering a dozen faces turned towards you &
camera. The best part? Not using that abominable flashing thing some folks
just have to use. ;-)

>>> What a joy the night was.  I spent quiet a bit of time talking to the
> guests - there was a gentleman at my table
> who is 93, (most of the guests were 70 yeas plus) and we got talking about
> the wars and the Kokoda Trail.  So many stories and so much history in the
> same room<<<

Well sometimes old folks have interesting things to say!  Even about
cameras! ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant