Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica in Montreal
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:13:33 -0400

I too was at the Leica demo in Montreal yesterday.  I was  impressed by the
M7.  As Emmanuel pointed out, the new display in the viewfinder seems well
thought out, not too garrish.  Unlike Emmanuel, the shutter release seemed
a little too "bumby" to me, but I suppose it will just take a little
getting used to.  All in all, the M7 appears to be a cleverly thought out
way for Leica to enter the 21st century (no jokes, please  ;-) ), with a
camera that is still an "M" at heart.

As an aside, this was my first opporunity to handle an M with a current
Noctlux mounted on it.  It was not nearly as bulky and unwieldy as I had
anticipated.  If it wern't for the cost, I can see this lens being a
standard 50 for me.

Finally, the Apo-televid was truly amazing.

And an excellent collection of prints from Mark Tomalty made mainly with
the 28 (summicron or elmarit, I can't recall) were there for viewing.  Very
inspirational.  I just had my older M6 repaired, so I now have an itch to
go out and actually use the damn thing!

Dan C.