Subject: [Leica] Leica in Montreal
From: Robert Beaudoin <bussbearm@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 23:21:38 -0400

Bonsoir,

  It certainly was pleasant to meet fellow Leica enthusiasts this
afternoon.  Indeed it is nice to be able to put faces on familiar (and
not so familiar) names.

  In my particular case there was one bummer tho, the 90mm APO Summicron
would not mount properly (as in lock) on my M5.  Mr. Matson looked at the
mismatch and confirmed that it had something to do with different
tolerances on older bodies (my camera...) and newer lenses.  Had me
wondering how tolerant a new purchaser would be after signing the cheque
only to find out that the lens won t mount.  Same thing also happened
with the 21!  Bummer.

  Question; has this happend to any lugger out there, new M lenses that
do not lock properly on older cameras?  Solution?

  Best,

  Robert (Un chevalier sans blason)