Subject: Re: [Leica] Info on 50 F/2.0 collapsible
From: Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 07:46:10 -0700

Edward Caliguri wrote:

> -Hi!
>
>     I have been given to 'evaluate' for a friend an older IIIg screw mount
> with a collapsible 50/f2.0 Leitz Sumicron lens (I assume it was the last
> before the rigid was made)---- I don't know much (anything really!) about
> the Leica screw mount lenses, however. Does anyone know about this lens, and
> where I can find some information on it? It's in great shape with an
> original  hood and all - almost perfect! I'm going to try it on my M6 with
> an adapter just to see what it can do!
> Thanks very much!
>
> EC

wow, what a friend!
Likely the IIIg is way overdue a CLA. That's a problem as there are few who
really CLA the threadmounts per Leica spec.

The Summicron is very good, just not as good as later versions. For hand held,
carry around everywhere you should be pleased with its performance.

The collapsable Summicron was the first of the Summicrons.

I have one in M mount, interested in a swap ;-)

Dennis