Subject: [Leica] Re: alaska...
From: David Young <youngs@islandnet.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:38:42 -0700

>>Your thoughts appreciated....as I am making plans for an Alaskan
>>trip/cruise...
>>Cruisewest/Prince Edward Sound... I wonder if others could comment
>>about  photography in
>>this setting......possibly  their  own experiences,  and   the need
>>for  long lenses (
>>focal length)  and best  film choices...   ?  thanks,  Steve
>>

>>              kididdoc@cox.net

Hi!

I took that trip last September.  Excellent weather - almost 80 degrees F.
in Anchorage!

If you get to Anchorage, take the helicopter flight to the glaciers.
Expensive, but worth every penny! I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

FWIW, I took a 24, 50, 90 and a 180 along with a 2x.  The "360" was slow
(f8) but ideal for whales, birds and shoreline wildlife with fast film.
Used a monopod for these with good success.

Have fun! It's marvellous scenery!

David Young        | Experience gained varies directly
Victoria, CANADA   | with equipment ruined.

Message from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> ([Leica] alaska...)