Subject: [Leica] when is Friday?
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 06:00:54 -0700

The LUG has a guideline that advertisements to sell things should be posted
only on Friday. There seems to be a bit of a disagreement (perhaps
expressed only in private to me) as to when, exactly, Friday is.

My opinion is that the advertisements to sell are all quite disciplined,
quite easy to spot and to ignore if one wishes, and that there is not
really a problem with them. I'm sure that if the LUG gets into a discussion
of this issue that the discussion will be much more bothersome than the
issue.

Here on the LUG, Friday is 2 days long. It begins at 12:01am Friday in New
Zealand and it ends at 11:59pm in Guam. But we deal with cameras, not
clocks, and if someone's clock is an hour or two fast or slow, well, just
blink and keep reading.

If there were 25 times as many "for sale" messages as there are now, or if
people start thinking that Friday begins on Tuesday, I might feel
differently about it. But Thursday evening is a fine substitute for Friday
sunrise as far as I am concerned.

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] when is Friday?)