Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: moving an enlarger
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 14:33:01 -0700

> Actually, the baseboard comes off with four bolts and that makes wrapping
> it in bubbles and boxing it pretty easy.  Remember to take the bulb out
> or it will be dead when you arrive.

I don't know about Brad's enlarger, but mine has pieces of the condenser
that are held in place by gravity and need to be taken out and wrapped
carefully before lying the enlarger on its side. I've moved my enlargers
twice in 30 years, and both times I disassembled them carefully, wrapped
everything that was fragile in the appropriate wrapping, and packed it in a
box with lots of padding.

Message from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: moving an enlarger)