Subject: [Leica] vc heads
From: "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 15:35:23 -0500

I'm interested in upgrading out of my Beseler 23C II condenser enlarger into
an enlarger capable of handling multicontrast with built in filters. I'm
looking at all sorts of things...from the Zone VI enlargers to the 23C color
head and even the new Beseler variable contrast head for the 23C as well as
the Ilford multigrade 500 system.

Can those of you who've made a similar move in the past share your pro/con
stories with me. Is variable contrast with dial in filters that much better,
easier and more wonderful than using the put-in-by-hand-multigrade filters?

Specifically I'm interested in getting better results with split grade
printing.

Any and all input read with great interest.

Lea Murphy
Whiny Dog Press
Telephone 816-333-9111
Telefax 816-333-9113