Subject: Re: [Leica] vc heads
From: Roy Zartarian <rzartarian@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 17:26:22 -0400

Lea,

There is but one word for a variable contrast enlarging head - Aristo.  I
acquired mine about four years ago and haven't regretted the move at all.  I
used to print with CC gels under the lens for split fliltration.  It was a
time consuming process, and, of course, once  a filter hits the floor, you've
kissed $12.00 goodbye.  With the Aristo, my time is spent working on the
print rather than fiddling with filters. Either a contrast grade can be
dialed in or a single switch changes the light from green to blue for split
filtration.

www.aristogrid.com is the company's web site, and the folks there do respond
promptly to email inquiries.  You'll probably find the best price at B&H.

Roy