Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 update 2. and more :-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 20:01:32 -0700

V8PWR@aol.com  JO GOODTIMES wrote:

>>> How do you use it Ted , just compose and forget about exposure or do
> twist it a little ?<<<

Hi Jo,
Nope I didn't nor do I intend doing anything other than keeping it as KISS
simple as possible and set on AE!

My results are so perfect without screwing around with any other settings or
fiddling with extra hand held meters and spot readings etc. I have no idea
why anyone would mess with it. :-)

Look, put yourselves in this situation:

An operating room with surgeons doing open heart surgery, light levels all
over the place, contrast between ambient and hot lights for the patient
table about as wild a contrast level as you can get. I'm doing nothing more
than put the M7 to my eye, wait for the moment of precise light - eye -
action and when it happens, I  "SHOOT!"

Do any of you really think I'm standing there contemplating the various
light ratios and the exposure adjustments to make the finest tuned negative
exposure possible? Not on your sweet life! Too many guys and gals get all
hung up on the techie bits and yes they shoot beautiful negatives,
unfortunately deathly ill content photos!

So far, I look through the M7 viewfinder, the shutter speed flashes and if
it looks good for me to shoot without visible camera shake due to too slow a
shutter speed, I shoot! It's as simple as that!

It has been working and the exposures are about as perfect as one would want
to produce excellent 11X14 prints off tri-x negatives souped in EXTOL!
There you go eh! ;-)

ted.

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant