Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 update 2. and more :-)
From: Jesse Hellman <hellman@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 11:04:24 -0400

Ted, your description of how you use the M7 is clear, but very puzzling
to me. And everyone else who is using it says the same thing: focus,
shoot. Great negatives.

But the light meter is the same as in the M6, right? Same size spot. No
matrix or averaging.

In your book you described how you meter. And it was different with the
M6. I have never heard any M6 user say he just aimed and shot in the
kind of lighting you are describing.

So what is different? It has seemed to me that when I just do what the
M6 meter says, without regard to tonal values, I often have
underexposed.

It would seem that either a lot of people have been making the M6
metering too complicated (including Leica in its instruction manual) or
Leica has found some way too improve the averaging quality in the meter.

Jesse

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] M7 update 2. and more :-))
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] M7 update 2. and more :-))