Subject: Re: [Leica] SF20 question
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:59:43 -0400

- --On Monday, April 29, 2002 1:33 PM -0400 Paul Chefurka <paul@chefurka.com>
wrote:

> As a complete newcomer to TTL twinkie flash, I have a stupid question.
> Why does the SF20 manual tell you to transfer the lens aperture setting
> to the flash when working in TTL mode?  I thought one of the points of
> TTL flash metering was that lens aperture and subject reflectance were
> taken into account automatically by the sensor in the camera.

It is so the distance range for that f stop will be displayed. This is for
information purposes only and there is no real need to transfer the f stop
setting to the flash. It would be better if the manual made this clearer as
you're not the only one who has ben confused by it ;-).

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com
Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.