Subject: RE: [Leica] [VOT] half tone printing
From: "Ginex, Mike" <mginex@panynj.gov>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:16:18 -0400

Your photo on the card was half-toned. This is what is usually done when
something is printed using the offset method. The density of the "benday"
screen (e.i. 40%,50% etc.)used to project the image on the master plate is
where one can reduce the dot effect. If your cards were done using a direct
photographic process other than offset printing, you then would see an
unscreened photo as in a normal print. Hope this helps.

MG