Subject: RE: [Leica] SF 20 vs. Metz 32-Z2; I'm back
From: "Mitch Zeissler" <zeissler@directvinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 21:05:41 -0400

All...

Well, gotta contribute my two cents worth.

I picked up the SF20 last summer and have been slow to use it because of the
non-bounce feature.  Tried chopping the power, cards, diffusion filter, etc.
Didn't like the results from any of them.  Then I created my own bounce
using the WA diffusion filter, a camping signal mirror and duct tape.  Here
is what it looks like when shot in the mirror:
http://members.aol.com/zeissleica/private/Scan43.jpg [M6 TTL/Noct @ f/2.0
with Portra 160NC @ EV80]  Yeah, that's me.

Not the prettiest flash gun setup in the world, but it does the job, as
demonstrated with this shot of Riddy, our Russian Wolfhound:
http://members.aol.com/zeissleica/private/Scan63.jpg [M6 TTL/Elmarit 135 @
f/2.8 with Reala 100 @ EV50].

Granted, it loses steam pretty quickly in bounce mode [my Noct is the only
lens I have some shooting latitude to work with while using the slower
films], but then I also don't have to worry about damaging the top plate on
my M6 either.  I like the SF20 simply because it is so portable and light.

/Mitch Zeissler