Subject: Re: [Leica] Take a Deep Breath
From: BrutuS <brutus@mda.ca>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 02:00:10 -0700

>>http://www.freedivecanada.com
>>But there's another question I have to ask. Is this really:
>>
>>  >>My favorite shot from a competition.
>>because this is the winning competitor? Or because it's truly the best
>>photograph you took during the competition?
>>
>>I ask this question simply because having covered Olympic Summer Games and
>>nearly always swimming, we must have the "winning swimmer" which on many
>>occasions does not lead to a "winning or favourite" photograph. Although we
>>may think it is due to an exposure of the winning athlete.
..
>>Ted Grant Photography Limited
>>www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Since you ask- I'm not sure if this my 'best' shot of the event, but it is
my immediate favorite- the one I liked most when I saw the proofs (perhaps
some of the other shots will get posted later). The subject being a lead
competitor and setting a record by the time of her next breath makes it
more interesting to those involved in the competition, though this does not
make it a better image on its own. Good general point about context here.

Thanks for asking, and for the other comments, especially the encouragement
to get in the pool. I think you are right on about the potential dramatic
moments. I plan to photograph more of these, and shoot more "at depth" too
(underwater shots did not work out at all this last time).