Subject: Re: [Leica] Shintaro
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 06:37:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
Ok I went back and looked, also checked my monitor.
The home page pic does show a yellow brassed camera
but the one in sample > m3 can't be brass. Not only is
it not yellow but the bright spots  also have a satin
texture. Note in particular the top view. Even if the
colours on my monitor were off to the point where
yellow looked silver it still wouldn't explain the
texture, which results from shot peening the chrome.
Are we looking at the same pic?

http://homepage2.nifty.com/Shintaro/M3.html

Note how the lens flange chrome is very near in colour
to the bright spots. My monitor, an old Nec XP21 was
never considered a great graphics display as the
Hitachis were but it can still distinguish between
brass and chrome!
See Ya
Javier