Subject: RE: Off Topic [Leica] Ricoh GR1
From: "M McCurdy" <mcurdy@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 10:24:23 -0500

I don't have much to add to this thread but I do have two of these
cameras including the one that I received from Christer (its working
fine).  I use a GR1 more frequently than the rest of my cameras and have
found that the meter is quite accurate in addition to the sharp, high
contrast lens.  The lens has very little distortion and I have even been
impressed with some tight portraits.  There are enough manual controls
to satisfy me.  I have gotten some excellent slide images with this
camera.  I usually carry it in a small padded pouch which seems to
eliminate the problem with the on/off switch.

Mike