Subject: [Leica] Re: My First (real) Leica
From: "M7" <photo-m7@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 20:19:49 -0800

David,

Congratulations on acquiring your first Leica! And there is a good
possibility that the batteries are all you need to replace to get the R3 to
start operating. B and X are the only setting which will work when there is
no juice.

There is no shortage of R lenses for you to choose from. You'll want to make
sure to shop for "3 cam" or "third cam" lenses to ensure use of the
aperature priority auto exposure. You can mount 1- and 2-cam lenses on the
R3, but the metering will work in stop down metering fashion. First lenses -
I'll just list some budget lenses:  50mm f2 summicron, 35mm f2 summicron or
f2.8 elmarit, 90mm f2 summicron or f2.8 elmarit (note the pattern?), 28mm
f2.8 elmarit.

John