Subject: Re: [Leica] Two non Leica photo equipment questions
From: "dante@umich.edu" <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 10:14:16 -0400

2.  HP ScanJet IICX/T is a SCSI-II, legal size, 400 DPI flatbed (and that is
optical) that has a full-bed transparency adapter.

You should be able to get one for about $100 on Ebay.  400dpi should be
decent for 4x5; it gives you 2000x1600 for that size.  I use one of these to
scan 6x9cm negs.  As for the quality of early 1990s HP scanners... let's
just say that it makes everything since look like a toy.  Also works with
Vuescan.

> So please send any responses to me off-list -
>
> 1. I have a student who is desperate to find a Pentax MX motor DRIVE - not
> winder. Does anyone have one they'd like to sell, or have any suggestion of
> where, beyond the really obvious places like KEH, he might find one?
>
> 2. A friend who does large format work has asked me for a scanner
> recommendation. Any thoughts on affordable, good quality flatbeds that can
> at least do 5x5 negs?
>
> Thanks
>
> B. D.

Dante Stella