Subject: Re: [Leica] Rob Mellor PAW 17 - Blossom
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 22:36:34 -0400

I very rarely shoot sensia but I do have a friend who consumes mass
quantities (500 rolls in a month) with very good results(read covers).  I
would suspect the usual subjects to cloudy film: lab error, damaged film,
handling errors such as in the glove compartment in the Mojave.

To resolve the issue take two rolls each of Sensia and known good film to
someplace you think will make good images and shoot a bracketed series as
quickly as possible so the exposure will be the same.  Process one set at
your normal lab and the other set at another recommended lab.
You will find:
1)The rolls you just shot was a fluke and you just wasted a whole lot of
time
2)The film in question is bad in which case take what's left back for refund
3)You just fine tuned your personal EI for this film and are now happy
4)The film is fine you just don't like it.
5)You just found a new favorite lab.
6)You really can't store your film in the microwave.
7)One of your cameras has a shutter/fogging  problem
8)You realized that you really like Provia 400F but not its' price.
9)At less than $3 a roll you can live with a little dullness compared to
Velvia.

Have fun

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com