Subject: Re: [Leica] More M7 glitches?
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 10:17:28 -0500

on 5/6/02 9:19 AM, J. Gilbert Plantinga at gilplant@hvc.rr.com wrote:

> It's a non-issue. For those who haven't followed the link, the complaint
> is that the M7 will lock up if you try to wind on the first two frames
> when loading if the camera is set to auto and the lens cap is on. The
> camera does NOT lock up, it simply counts down the maximum 32 second
> exposure time before clocisng the shutter, and that can be interrupted
> by turning the shutter dial in either direction.

> On Monday, May 6, 2002, at 09:47  AM, John Collier wrote:
>
>> http://greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=008zoB

All I can say is...

- -If the camera really "locked up"  thatıs not cool. He didn't say how long
he waited...

- -If he didn't wait for XX seconds, and that was the simple issue, then
called his dealer and complained to the web we should fine him for crying
wolf...to bad he didn't post that on this list or he'd get a thrashing.

Yes folks aperture priority is a new technology for some. It could take
decades for the AE n00bs to get a grasp on this new fangled concept and
overcome it's pitfalls. If we all stick together I believe we can conquer
any curve that Leica puts into these new electronic M cameras!!

DAMN THEM !!!

Ok, I'm done...for now.

- --
John Straus