Subject: Re: [Leica] Nose grease on eyepiece when using separate finder
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 08:21:31 -0700

From: "Ray Moth" <ray_moth@yahoo.com>

> Then, eventually, I realised what was the problem: every time I looked
> through the shoe-mounted finder, my nose was pressing against the
> camera's eyepiece and leaving a nasty smear of grease. Anyone else have
> that problem or is it just me (and my nose)?

I too have that problem but in my case it is olive oil, not grease (it must
be my Italian heritage).
Maybe that is how ROR came into being. I use a sprits of ClearSight (on the
camera, not the nose) and the problem is eliminated.

BTW, I place my cheek against the camera, my eyeball in the finder. My nose
is against the camera sideways, not straight-on.
Although you could say that I look askance through the finder, this
technique gives me better control in holding the camera firmly against my
face.

Joe Codispoti