Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Doing your own color
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@idea-processing.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 09:45:53 -0700

On 5/7/02 Eric  wrote:

>>For the purposes of discussion I'm looking at about 10-20 rolls of film per
week
>>over a period of 3 years.
>
>What about a high end digital SLR?  Then you don't have to worry about color
>development.  It could potentially be even more secure...the camera and
>images would never have to leave the company.

My experience with these (I have a D30 and I've shot with the new Nikon) is that
they have less exposure latitude than film by a couple of stops. Since I'm
working in an industrial type of environment, where I don't have a lot lighting
control, and often what I'm trying to shoot will be dark, I think I need what
film offers.

I'll have to investigate digital media and how it is handled in this
environment. Probably with great paranoia.

But it's a good idea and I'll do some shooting with a variety of cameras in
mocked up evironments and see what happens.

Adam