Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 at a Bris
From: Mark Cohen <markc@binaryfaith.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 09:28:09 -0700 (PDT)

Yes,

The M7 has an exposure lock. If you press and hold down the shutter
release, you will see a red dot by the shutter speed in the indicator.
I've been using my M7 for a few days now and almost always leave it on AE
and "meter the area that I know is the better exposure" and then
re-compose. So far the exposures where I've done that have been just as
good as the ones where I let it fly. :)

AE is an aid in shooting, its not a crutch. If you use it as a crutch you
will fall.

- -Mark