Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson 2000P
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 21:31:25 -0600

Hi Darrell,

Funny you should ask.... I hope you're sitting down.

I purchased my first 2000P in mid January 2002. I brought it home, read
the instructions, installed the ink cartridges and it immediately died.
Contacted Epson Tech Support who offered to replace it with a
refurbished 2000P. I declined and exchanged it at the store for a new in
box 2000P.

Printer 2 worked just fine up to about a month ago other than being
rather thirsty for ink. Last week I finally had some time to catch up on
some color printing, ran some prints only to have every print come out
in varying shades of purple (for all colors). Contacted Epson Support on
Wednesday who requested that I replace the ink cartridges and run the
nozzle cleaning process over a dozen times. Result: all prints still
came out purple.

Called Epson Support back on Thursday, they sent out a new printer which
arrived Monday. New printer (number 3 now) arrived NIB but was DOA. The
print heads would not come over far enough to allow installation of the
ink cartridges. I again called Epson Support who over-nighted me printer
number four yesterday.

Printer number four works great with no problems so far. Best color
printer for under $2000 when it works. Stinks in B&W but I prefer the
wet darkroom for B&W.

Good luck and I hope you paid with your credit card.

Regards,

Greg