Subject: RE: [Leica] doctors and lawyers and dentists, oh my!
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 07:01:22 -0700

> But pay
> MONEY to belong to the LUG - when I don't have to pay to subscribe to the
> NYTimes or WashPost sites, when I have available to me for free at Magnum
> and VII some of the world's best photojournalism and documentary
> photography, when I can go to the UNC site and stumble through William
> Gedney's ENTIRE archive?
>
> ROFLOL! :-)

Exactly. But the world is an odd place. You can walk into the Smithsonian free of charge but have to pay money to see the Barbie Doll Museum. For the same admission fee you can see Lawrence of Arabia or The Blair Witch Project.

The Times (London) has announced their intention of denying access to their web site to people who do not live in the UK and who do not have a paid subscription. The world is going to become an even odder place.

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> ([Leica] WAS: doctors and lawyers ETC. NOW: PAID SITES.)