Subject: [Leica] WAS: doctors and lawyers ETC. NOW: PAID SITES.
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 07:52:48 -0700

Brian Reid wrote:
>>> The Times (London) has announced their intention of denying access to
their web site to people who do not live in the UK and who do not have a
paid subscription. The world is going to become an even odder place.<<<

Hi Brian,
I believe about a month ago there was a story that many of the "free access"
channels, sites, whatever, may be going to a subscriber route in the not too
distant future as they were doing all the work for no return or the returns
they had experienced were diminishing at a great rate and costing the
information provider money .

Obviously the web is going to slowly or possibly a "pay as you use" thing
rather than the freebie it's been all these past years.

Do you have any read on this happening? I  mean would anyone subscribe to
open the Leica Camera site in Germany? ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: WAS: doctors and lawyers ETC. NOW: PAID SITES.)