Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson 2000P, An update and another ?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 13:34:59 -0400

At 09:48 AM 5/9/02 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm not sure if I am looking at the same printer, but
>in viewing the Epson web site, the 3000 has a list
>price of $995 (seems like a refurbished machine would
>be a lot less than $900 if we are talking about the
>same machine), and does not say that it accepts
>archival inks.  It also is only a four color vs. six
>for the 2000.  Am I looking at the one you are
>referring to?  Any thoughts on how the four vs. six
>(or now with the 2200, seven) color machines work?

Keep in mind that it is an old printer.  Mine are several years old now and
I'm sure you could get refurbished ones cheaper now.  It does accept
archival inks. I'm using Cone Quad-Black Carbon inks in one and Generations
Enhanced Archival Pigment color inks in the other.  The four color printers
actually do better with archival inks than the six color ones.  It was the
two extra colors that gave more problems with archival inks.  I think they
may have solved that problem, but the four color printers do a great
job.  I have an old six color PhotoEx and my 3000's do a much better job
with color than it does.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com