Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson 2000P, An update and another ?
From: David Rodgers <davrod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 14:21:33 -0700

Tina

At 01:34 PM 5/9/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Keep in mind that it is an old printer.

I agree completely with your comments that the 3000, though old, still has
a lot to offer. I bought my 3000 used about a year ago. I used it for color
at first, but now it's dedicated to Piezography. I've used newer printers
and I see no improvement over the 3000 prints. The heads on the newer
printers seem to be a little more difficult to keep unclogged. I've
wondered if there are functional disadvantage to smaller droplet size. My
3000 can sit idle for a while, and still print perfectly the first time.
It's a workhorse.

The only disadvantage I've experienced is that it doesn't like heavy
papers. And by heavy I mean really heavy. I use Sommerset Photo Enhanced 90
percent of the time and I've never had a problem. It can handle larger
prints than a 2000.

I paid $300 for my 3000, and it came with brand new Epson color carts,
which is why I printed color for a while. I bought it for Piezography
printing of Leica negs. The guy who owned it hated it. It wasn't the
printers fault. I don't think the owner knew much about digital processes.

Dave

Message from Andrew Moore <dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu> (Re: [Leica] Epson 2000P, An update and another ?)