Subject: RE: [Leica] Epson 2000P, An update and another ?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 10:21:32 -0400

At 06:55 PM 5/9/02 -0700, you wrote:
>I am interested in the archival quality for several
>reasons.
>1. I frame and hang quite a few photos. While I could
>reprint and swap out the photos if they fade, I'd
>rather not.
>2. If I sell someone a photo, I'd like to know that it
>would last approximately as long as a wet dark room
>image.
>3. Someone in my family may want some of these shots
>after I am gone, and I'd like them to be able to do
>that without reprinting.
>
>I had heard to expect at least a 70 year life out of
>the Epson printers and materials. I'd like it to be
>longer, but I'll take what I can get.

The Epsons with archival inks and archival paper are rated at over 100
years.  It depends entirely on the inks and paper you choose, not the
printer.  The Epson materials are not as archival as some others.  The
Quad-Black Carbon pigment inks are the most archival, but the Generations
Enhanced pigment inks are still rated at over 100 years.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

images available from: