Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica/Panasonic Digilux 1 Poor Review and Recall
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 23:24:11 -0400

At 08:15 PM 5/10/02 -0400, you wrote:
>I take no joy in reporting this but I thought the LUG should know. The
>Panasonic LC5 version of the new Leica Digilux D1 has received a very poor
>review for picture quality output and autofocus accuracy by Steve's DigiCams,
>see: http://www.stevesdigicams.com/2002_reviews/lumix_lc5.html
>Also, over on the photo.net Leica forum there is a posting that the LC5 may
>be recalled up in Canada.
>:-(

Well, I have been pleasantly surprised at the quality that I'm getting from
my LC5.  I haven't tried the lowest quality but the high quality jpeg and
the tiff beat anything that my Nikon 990 could do.  I can send anybody
e-mail samples.  The autofocus is very fast and very accurate and the photo
output is easily good enough for 11x14 prints.  I'm hoping for even better
from the Leica version, but I got an e-mail from Leica today that says that
they won't be available until after the first week in June  :-(   probably
too late for my trip to Honduras.  I'll have to make do  with the Panasonic
and my new M7.

I went to Steve's Digicam site and could find nothing but rave reviews for
the LC5.  Where did you find this poor review?

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com