Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop dilemma
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 16:58:13 -0500

andy@tcinternet.net (Andrew Amundsen)5/11/023:43 PM

> What's the consensus right now LUGers?

I'd call it a photo-montage. And I'd expect that (or similar
term) included in an editorial caption if the image had
significant publication or distribution.

However, I can guarantee that we see a lot of photographic images
in publication which do not receive such identification and
should. Likewise for retouched-photos. The days of "knowing"
whether images in publications, on the web, in video, or film
relate to "reality" have disappeared (no pun intended). Those
interested in the integrity of their images and reputation
probably need to state authenticity in their credits. i.e.
"Unretouched, unmontaged photograph © 2002 John Doe".

George