Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop dilemma
From: "Andrew Amundsen" <andy@tcinternet.net>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 15:43:59 -0700

That seemless combo is almost scary to me! At first I thought Sonny had
simply reshot the scene from a better angle. I haven't risen to that
level of Photoshop talent yet, amazing!

So if this can't be called a photograph, then can one produced by
sandwiching two negs together be?! This IS a tough dilemma with the
level of control we can wield today with computers. I think we are at
the crossroads of redefining a photograph and photography. The image to
me is still photography, just not a 'decisive moment'. I think we can
call it a photograph though. How many of us have used rear projection in
the studio? Although you will argue the studio photograph is accepted as
staged where this may not be...Hmmmm...yes very big dilemma!

What's the consensus right now LUGers?

Andrew