Subject: RE: [Leica] Photoshop dilemma
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 15:36:25 -0700 (PDT)

Isn't every attempt to express a point of view
propaganda on some level?  Every time we express an
opinion we are attempting to convince people of
something.  If you have integrity you try to express
your opinion with honesty, but even the best
journalists are accused regularly accused of bias.

My point is that at least for purposes of discussing
photography at the broadest level we should not limit
our discussions to photo journalism.  It is too
difficult to draw the line.  What Photoshop options do
you allow before it becomes NOT a photograph?

If it was taken with a Leica (or apparently a Leica
clone) isn't there room to discuss it here?  If I put
up photos for public viewing in this forum it is to
get input on composition, technical input, etc.
Therefore I would attempt to use Photoshop or a
similar tool to do the best job possible of making a
picture that represents my skill for your comments.