Subject: RE: [Leica] Photoshop dilemma
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 18:13:31 -0500

darrell_jennings@yahoo.com (Darrell Jennings)5/12/023:36 PM

> My point is that at least for purposes of discussing
> photography at the broadest level we should not limit
> our discussions to photo journalism.  It is too

Absolutely, that's why we talk about just about any and
everything on this list.

> difficult to draw the line.  What Photoshop options do
> you allow before it becomes NOT a photograph?

Anyone can use any photo tools they wish to create photos,
montages, photo illustrations, retouched photos, et al.

> If it was taken with a Leica (or apparently a Leica
> clone) isn't there room to discuss it here?

Absolutely. Folks have shown work done with every format and near
every manufacturer. We seem quite open minded about looking at
photos, including montages, water color and drawing effects
filters applied to photographs. A very playful group - actually.

> If I put
> up photos for public viewing in this forum it is to
> get input on composition, technical input, etc.
> Therefore I would attempt to use Photoshop or a
> similar tool to do the best job possible of making a
> picture that represents my skill for your comments.

Great. Looking forward to seeing your work.

George