Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lenses For Wedding
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 03:51:53 EDT

I shoot weddings as part of my living and whilst the photography is tehnically pretty simple (f8 and be there sounds about right) the other aspects such as posing and people management are critical and very underrated. Yes, they are routine in many ways, and no they are not exciting, but they are not as easy as you would think.

I now shoot on a R8 with a R6.2 as backup and I work with a 50mm f1.4 most of the time but I also have a 28-70 available for the larger groups, or even a 19mm if it really gets silly, and it can do! I quite often carry the 180mm f2.8 just in case I need long 'down the aisle' shots.

I would add that I am in England where the wedding approach is more formal than in the US although more informal shooting is now becoming more popular to run alongside the more formal shots. Always remember that the bride books you, but the whole family will buy from you and many will be parents etc. who prefer the more formal images.

Gerry - www.gwpics.com

Replies: Reply from "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Lenses For Wedding)