Subject: RE: [Leica] Virus woes
From: "Derek Zeanah" <derek@zeanah.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 10:10:56 -0400

Which virus is it detecting?

Klez is making the rounds now, and it's a pain in the ass as it grabs a
valid e-mail address from e-mail in the infected recipient's inbox and
masquerades as that user when trying to spread.  It may *say* it came
from me, but that's just because I had sent an e-mail to the person
who's now infected...

Wouldn't be a bad idea for people not running AV protection to visit
this site and perform a scan: http://housecall.antivirus.com (requires
IE on Windows, if you're on a Mac or Linux you're probably OK, less
concern if you're not running Outlook or Outlook Express, etc.)

An OK antivirus program that can be used for free by non-commercial
entities is located here: http://www.grisoft.com

Not nearly as nice as something like Norton or the Trend products, but
if you're really on a budget it's a whole lot better than nothing.