Subject: [Leica] M flash technique
From: "Derek Zeanah" <derek@zeanah.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 15:34:08 -0400

Trying to follow up on a comment I saw earlier this week...

Generally, when I have to use flash I prefer to do so using a square
negative and a bracket that centers the flash over the lens.  So I'm
trying to figure out the best way to do this with a Leica M.

35mm flash brackets are a pain in the butt with *any* camera, but they
seem particularly unwieldy with an M, because you need to remove the
bottom of the camera when you load new film.  I'm guessing the best
approach might be to shoot by prefocusing and holding the flash the
right distance above the lens, which sounds unwieldy but ought to work
fine.

Anyone have any experiences or hints they'd like to share?

Replies: Reply from alex olstein <alexolstein@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] M flash technique)