Subject: Re: [Leica] Lenses For Wedding
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 14:31:27 -0700

Christer Almqvist wrote:

> A friend of mine gave every guest a 12 pictures throw away camera at
> his daughter's wedding and collected the cameras afterwards. Each
> guest got the photos he had taken. My friend had a copy of each and
> every photo taken. Among them some of the funniest and nicest and
> most relaxed wedding photos you ever saw. And there was no
> photographer to blame for all those photos that were not, shall we
> say, up to expectations.
>
> Chris

I was invited to be the photographer at a wedding ten years ago in the
Hamptons with Herb Ritts and Arnold Schwarzenegger etc. expected to be there.
I was excited.
I as OK to do it.
Then I was told that there would be throw away cameras at the center of
every table for the guests to use.

Gee they fly me out there then I'm dog meat.

I respectfully passed on it.

I believe there was a time in the late 70's early 80's when you'd be
better off with your friends and sure shots as a wedding photographer
that would would not systematically ruin your wedding were impossible to
find. But you could find them.

Now its hard to find one who doenst what to shoot the whole affair in
infra red and they've got nose piercings!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Message from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] Lenses For Wedding)