Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Photoshop dilemma
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 18:42:15 -0500

abridge@idea-processing.com (Adam Bridge)5/13/0211:47 AM

> Thus cutting Lenin out of an
> image breaks the one for one relationship with the original
photograph. Or
> moving a pyramid. Or adding several images from other sources.
>
> Once the one-for-one is lost I contend that the final work is
no longer a
> photograph. It's something else: a graphic art perhaps.

Apparently the owners of the Martin Luther King estate have seen
fit to sell his words as well as images of him - for advertising
messages. So we can now seem him making the "famous speech" in a
totally new context and environment and hear the words edited to
new purpose. Personally I see this as a rewrite of history and
without integrity. These rewrites will affect a new generation's
perception of history. Does anyone care? I do. Sad way to make a
profit.

George