Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Photoshop dilemma...or...were the Glory Days ofPJ often pretty sad...?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 19:17:21 -0400

I don't buy that, Mark. I think it had a lot more to do with the aesthetic
of the day than it did the weekly publication deadline. And, interestingly
enough, the old Looks I also looked though ;-) tended to have more "modern"
looking photography than the Life's...Which is not to say that there weren't
some pretty amazing photographers shooting for Life...But I think what Life
may have suffered from was a good deal of the same cookie cutter editing
that was so apparent in the old Time. And which was one of the things that
drove WES out of the Life stable - although a tich of madness probably had
more to do with his departure than anything the editors said or did. ;-)

B. D.